Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And these are the days of our lives

The sand is falling too quickly in the hourglass! Julian seems like such a little boy now, interacting with us, doing his own baby talk, standing up more and more. Ian captured this great video (see the end of this entry) of him pulling up in his crib yesterday. I can't tell who's prouder, Julian or his parents (and grandparents!).

Speaking of, my dad just celebrated his birthday. His present will be coming next month when we go to Missouri for a visit, but for now, the inagural 5 Things birthday list. (p.s., if it's your birthday and I don't make a list for you, please don't be mad.

My mind is pretty full lately and we all know that pregnancy brain is slow to recover... )

1. I know it's bad for him, but I love the smell of my dad's pipe tobacco wafting out of the garage or blowing out the window on an early morning car ride.

2. I love my dad on the telephone. He knows exactly how long to visit and what to visit about.

3. I love that my dad is such a great example of a leader for everyone in our family, the Cooks, the Welches, the Gonzalezes, everyone. He is the definition of patriarch (in a good way, not the neofeminist, crazy way).

4. My dad has got some crazy zen going, even though I doubt he even realized it for a long time. He's always strived to keep a balance between work and play, duty to others and self-fulfillment. He's the wise man that everyone goes to for advice, for good reason.

5. I love how passionate he is, and how animated he becomes, when he starts talking about something he loves. Music, canoeing, books, Julian, adventures, the yard, Days of our Lives (shhhh, don't tell anyone), his job and (most importantly) my mom.

Happy birthday, Dad!

(see video with this post at http://www.addiebroyles.com/babyblogjunethroughseptember07.html)

No comments: