Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Erin Eve

I forgot to mention last week that La Tomatina was happening. It's this huge tomato fight in Bunol, just outside Valencia in Southern Spain. A big mess. A lot of crazy drunk travelers. Too much fun to capture in a few sentences here. Of course, had no camera, but these photos will have to do for now. I'm working on a gallery of my photos  from Europe, so keep your eyes peeled for it in the photo galleries section.

Dear friend Erin, an Eve, celebrated a birthday this week. Here are 5 Things about you, guapa, that I love:

1) Your kookiness. I'll never forget the dancing Britney that helped Rachel and I through our finals studying or the pigeon dance at the Murcia festival pigout. And, don't forget, it was her idea to streak on the beaches of Playa Postiguet in Alicante on Leap Day 2004.

2) Your fashion sense (and willingness to share!). Every time I get a compliment on my earrings, I have to explain that they aren't mine, they are really my cool, very fashionable friend Erin's and that she gave them to me when she was tired of them. Same with belts. And scarves, but Ian gets those now ;).

3) Your blog. Did I mention that Erin is an awesome keeper of tabs on what is hip and cool online? For instance, she led me to this site, where I took a test to figure out what my personal DNA is. (Benevolent leader. Anyone surprised?)



4) Your questions. Erin has no fear to ask the tough questions as a way to call you out on your shit, or at least call you out to further explain something. This scares most people. This makes me love her.

5) Your fearlessness. Erin went to Spain without the protection of a university study abroad program. She went just because. She moved to Miami on super short notice to go to a prestigise ad/marketing school. For the past few weeks, she's been making her way in New York, meeting more people and doing more things than most would hope to in a year. She acts and reacts with aplomb.

For these reasons and many more, Erin is and will always be one of my Eves. Happy birthday, Erin!

No comments: