Thursday, December 6, 2007

Since you've been gone...

While I'm at the musical confessions, here's another: I love Kelly Clarkson. I'm late to the Kelly game, but Ian really made me listen to Breakaway and I must admit how hard I fell. Since U Been Gone is a helluva song; we can thank Linda Perry for that. But, damn, does Kelly Clarkson have the pipes to pull it off. I'm wondering when a song like this every really gets old.



Yup, she's a badass.
______________

So the Baker-Smiths have taken the little rascal off our hands for a little while today. What did I choose to do with my kid-free hours? Sew random things that I'll probably give away for Christmas. It was awesome. Here's a glimpse of what I've made lately.




Those are oven mitts/puppets for my nephew Michael. Right now, he puts his socks on his hands when he plays in his toy kitchen. ("Hot, hot, hot," he says over and over as he opens and closes the oven.) I also made a sling for my niece Jenna, but I'm afraid it's going to be too small. You think when you're making kid stuff, 'Oh, I'll just make it smaller,' but this is the second children's thing I've made lately that's turned out borderline too small. Crap. There's nothing I hate more than having to use a seam ripper.
______________

I caught most of Project Ugly last night. Once again, nothing spectacular. I liked 2/3 of the winning collection, though. They had to use old trends in three new outfits. Of course, the guy who had to work with shoulder pads lost. What an awful idea those were. I wonder if that will be one of the few trends in history that never makes a comeback...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite crafts project that we did was the Halloween costumes we made with you on my lap at the sewing machine! I'm so glad you are passing that on to Julian!!