Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Julian, on film

While Julian was shooting his first roll of film, I was finally developing the last roll of film I took before getting my digital camera.

After taking (and developing) film photographs with a Canon A-1 for eight years, I switched to a Canon Rebel XT just after Julian was born. The last roll in the A-1 sat in the camera for three years before I finally pulled it out earlier this year to develop it.

It took me a few months, but I finally had the roll developed, and here are some of the images. (I can't believe how quickly we make the change from one technology to another. Even while living in Spain, I was able to get a roll of film developed within a week of finishing it.)










I kinda like the quality of the photos. I guess it's part of this oh-so-21st century desire of "perfecting flaws."

1 comment:

Kay said...

Love these pics! Not only are they a wonderful glimpse into that moment of time but you also have three very photogenic subjects. And nekkid babies make me smile. I have a pic of Ryder and our friend's daughter Avery in the bathtub together...they were about 4 months old...its framed and celebrated as his first co-ed bath.