Wednesday, September 15, 2010

With the new baby, learning how to unplug

So much has changed since Julian was born, which is what prompted me to start La Vie Dansante in the first place.

Having a personal blog was my only outlet for writing and then, as I started taking more digital pictures, photography as well.

But now, almost four years later, so much of my life takes place online. There are days where it seems like all I do is cultivate my virtual presence. With Facebook, Twitter and blogging, sharing is the name of a game I've gotten quite good at since the early days of this blog. I still see La Vie Dansante as a scrapbook for my life outside work, and as much as I've enjoyed putting everything out there over the past few years, I think it's finally time to set up some boundaries between what I share with the entire universe and what I share with people I know.

After talking it over with Ian, I've decided to make La Vie Dansante a private project that Blogger will let me share with 100 readers. This weekend, I'll get around to posting more about the birth of our beautiful new little boy, and if you'd like access, please e-mail me at broylesa at gmail dot com so I can include your e-mail address in the list of friends and family who can access the blog. I think it'll require you to log in with a password, but hopefully you'll only have to do that once.

Thanks for understanding. I know it's a hassle, but it's the right decision for our family.

1 comment:

erin said...

love you and completely understand and appreciate the new-age phenomenon of balancing personal with professional. here's looking at you kid. :)