Thursday, November 29, 2007

Viva Leslie!


Please, for the love of Austin, take a minute and watch this video by John Kelso, the Statesman's "humor" columnist, of his cross-dressing muse, the legendary Leslie Cochran. (He's so legendary, in fact, that when you Google 'Leslie,' he's the third entry.)


be sure to watch carefully at the end

http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/news/News/44147

(My apologies for not being able to figure out how to embed the video. Any html techies out there have a solution?)

I really don't think I can do Leslie justice by writing any sort of follow-up analyzation or attempt at witty humor. I am fortunate enough to see Leslie a few times a week on my way to work. Walking from Bouldin Creek to who knows where, in a black fur hat and red miniskirt, gold earrings dangling from his ears. Austin is my beloved home, indeed.

Also, in case you were wondering, I would LOVE my own Leslie magnets for Christmas.

No comments: