Saturday, December 1, 2007

Why have you foresaken me, Knox Files?

The good and the bad of this Saturday morning:

Good: Ian and I just got 9+ hours of consecutive sleep. For only the second or third time since the boy was born, he did the all-nighter at someone else's house. He is out with Uncle Tom and Becca, where he slept from 11:30 to 7:30 without an early morning feeding. Maybe we're onto something here....

Bad: My external hard drive, knicknamed the Knox Files, where I store all of my photos and music, is currently not working on my computer or Ian's. We even tried another cord. No luck. I'm going to have to take it in. This sucks. My dear laptop still has all my music and most of my pictures, but for the past few months, I'd been dumping all the photos onto the hard drive. I have them on flickr, but if I lose the original files, I will be heartbroken. Any hardware experts out there have ideas?

Triste, triste. Maybe not as triste as friend Corey's motorcycle getting stolen out of the parking lot at his apartments (our old apartments), but still, sucky nonetheless.

Magical computer gods, bring my hard drive back to life! I will never curse you again!

4 comments:

Lori Todd said...

Let me know what happens w/ the hard drive. My big 500gb lacie is no longer reading on any of my macs... Is yours mac or pc? UGH! I want to get my stuff, but at the same time I had a backup of all my music, but not the tv/movies on there.

Addie said...

I have a mac and Ian has a PC and it's not working on either. It's just not reading that it's plugged in. The hard drive turns on, but nothing else. I guess I'll have to take it by a computer place. :(

What's the good in backing stuff up if the back up isn't reliable? Gez...

erin said...

Addie, I wish you luck with the guys you take it in to. I am sure they will be able to help you, computer people seem to have all the answers. Stupid technology; it frustrates the rest of us.

Good to hear you got some sleep! :) Love you guys.

Rawley said...

So I'm a little late to this party, but did you have any luck with this Addie? As long as it is still spinning up (and not making horrible clicking/clacking sounds) Knox has some life, and files can be recovered. Let me know if I can help out at all.