Saturday, January 26, 2008

Getting The Goods on my New York trip


Here I am, wrapping up 8 hours at work, mentally preparing myself to get on a plane in less than 8 hours from now. I am so excited at the prospect of sleeping on a plane for the first time since Julian was born that I might even forgo a pre-flight coffee. Might.

From here on out this week, posts regarding What Not to Wear and New York in general will be posted on The Goods, Marques Harper's fashion blog on statesman.com/thegoods. You can keep coming to this page and clicking the above photo or the links in this text to get there if you so desire.

I'm going to try to post a couple of times a day, so check back often!

Wish me luck!

Oh, and don't be shy about leaving me comments on that blog. The more comments you leave, the more the people who are letting me take this and run will think I actually know what I'm doing. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting week for all of your friends and family. Thanks for keeping us updated, but save your energy for the next couple of days. You've never had such a chore-spending $5000 on yourself!! People are jealous; we joked that they should come to small town USA. We laughed when we said it would be too overwhelming with so many "fascinating" candidates in the midwest!

In education, we always say, "The nut doesn't fall far from the tree." It's true in fashion as well. I can only say you got your fashion sense from your mother who only became fashion conscious when her daughters pulled clothes out of her closet to wear for Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think that you're too gorgeous to type a blog now? If you're trying to build suspense, it's working. Hope you had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear how everything went, but I guess I have too.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a story! I've enjoyed following your progress online, and I can't wait to see the final reveal! The little movie clips are fun, too. Congrats!

Addie said...

Thanks! It has been such a crazy journey! Writing about it has been as fulfilling as experiencing it first-hand! Thanks for keeping up. March 21 is the supposed air date.