Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Here we go...


So many fun things to share today!

First, my debut as food writer for the Austin American-Statesman. I couldn't be more proud (and excited and nervous and giddy and all the other things you feel as the plane first lifts off the ground, heading toward somewhere you've never been). So far, I've met only wonderful people, like the people in my first lede story about the Austin Discovery School where students do most of their learning outside, in gardens. In my first column, I rekindled a memory of nearly burning down our apartment in Alicante, Spain, that was probably best left forgotten. The Relish Austin blog is up and running, with a couple of posts to greet you and, if I stay good on my word, daily posts on the weekdays after that (breaking food news notwithstanding).

Second exciting thing: I have some candidates for a wedding dress! I went on an exhausting shopping trip for both the Ian man and me, while he stayed at home to watch the kid. (It was a fair trade, I promise.) I spent something like 3 hours trying to channel my inner Stacy and Clinton to find the perfect stylish dress (not white, not frumpy, not long) and something equally fabulous for Ian. I ended up at the Armani Exchange (what? I've never shopped there in my life.) and found killer (and not that expensive) shirts and jeans for him and an awesome dress that I know Ms. London and Ms. Klum would approve of. We'll see if it's the winning number.

Third fantastic moment of my day: Julian has these berry/nuts that he collects outside, and when we come inside, he refuses to let go of them.

Today, we let him win.

See what fun he found.

Toys? Who needs toys?

No comments: