Sunday, March 8, 2009

Getting dirty in the garden

Proof of the fun we had outside today, raking and planting and generally enjoying the yard in 86 degree weather. A dirty toddler is a happy toddler.

Look for a post on Relish Austin in the next few days about our ever-growing garden. We added tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, chard (I know that on is a long shot this far in the year) and few kinds of pepper. Sunflowers found a home along the fence.

This month's Addie's Eat-Up (formerly Appetizers with Addie) was at the Dart Bowl, where we stuffed ourselves with delicious chicken fried steak and cheese enchiladas. The nicest waitstaff around (or at least ours was :)). Julian's full diaper made bowling a little more colorful. (Thanks, Marshall, for the photo!)

My kombucha-making is coming along. A strong SCOBY was growing on a smaller jar of kombucha I was brewing, so I added it (and the well-developed vinegar-tasting liquid is helped form) to the mama jar, which was still full of a liquid that was still too close to sweet tea to resemble kombucha.

Lots of fun playing at home! SXSW starts at the end of the week, so I'm glad I got all of this home-making done this weekend. The next two weekends will be jammed packed with creative stimulation (and free food. Another thing I'll be posting about this week on Relish Austin).