Sunday, March 1, 2009

My life, 140 characters at a time

Another week of Relish Austin blogging and Twitter microblogging (I'm not a huge fan of the word, but today, it serves my purpose), another week not blogging on La Vie Dansante. Here's a glimpse of my past week in a handful of tweets, or 140 character updates I send out on Twitter.

It's amazing how much you can say in such little tweets.
___________________________

"Nice singing, Daddy." "I like your brown jacket, Mommy." I love it; Julian's language is starting to stroke our egos. Well, played, kid.

Deliriously full after judging a chili cook-off at Spicewood Vineyards. Tough competition: 22 entries. 10 really good entries.

Someone watching me on WNTW just now facebooked me and asked my sign. He guessed Capricorn. Nope, Cancer.

Just confirmed: I'll be taking @glutenfreegirl's place on the @sxswi food blogger panel. (She's got a much-anticipated book to finish.)

In case you were wondering: Taxes on a $5,000 shopping spree w/ @clintonkelly run about $800.

The doom! The gloom! The dreary days ahead! I know it's bad, bad, bad, but since when was change such a horrible thing? WWO(bama)D?

"It's spring in Austin. You can't work enough; you can't play enough," my uncle, Tom, tells me during our weekly catch-up visit. True, that.

Just made delicious spring garden (read: greens) dinner. Look for recipe in next week's food section. Bok choy, kale, beet greens AND chard.

Having a yearly look at my student loan status. At this rate, it'll be 2017 by the time it's paid off. Boy, was it worth it. (Oh, Spain...)

Would you give up coffee for tea? @shannonmarieee did, and so did @majorpepper (well, almost) http://budurl.com/ug6r

Bummed I missed Obama's speech. @tipsytexan dinner and drinks wooed me. My fingers are still sticky from the shrimp boil.10:21 PM Feb 24th from web

Here's a chat about tea that @dr_oolong and I had a while back. Consider it a primer for tomorrow's article on hot tea: http://is.gd/kKm9

@italyinsf Ever since I was pregnant, I've been spoiled drinking whole milk. Pediatrician says toddlers don't need it, but what about ME?!

Sore from yesterday's softball game, where other team forced us to play w/ 2 sizes of balls. Women hit small balls, men big. *cue jaw drop*
____________________________

So if you skimmed those tweets or just plain skipped past them, let me say again the super awesome news of the week: I'm going to speaking on a panel about food blogging at the South by Southwest Interactive Festival. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to be a part of such a respected gathering of such smart folks. Details to come on Relish Austin.
___________________________

Enough with tweets and words. Photos I've been meaning to share:


(Julian before devouring two cupcakes at his friend Addie's birthday.)


(Through Skype, Chelsea, Kenny and my parents
enjoyed a piece of chocolate with Julian.)

(Incredible sunset after Thanksgiving at Tom's)

No comments: