Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ramen noodles, anoles and meatball cars


For the past week, we've been eating ramen noodles every day for a story that's coming out this Wednesday. Yes, that's right. Seven days of ramen noodles. It's been a challenge, but a fun experiment in creativity. By the end, we were eating meatballs and red sauce with ramen or thai basil pesto ramen topped with a fried egg.


Julian was a trooper; he didn't complain once about the incessant curly noodles. But I think I speak for us all that we'll be happy not to eat ramen noodles for a while.

We've had the most incredible weather in recent days. Mid-70s and lots of sun. We've had so much rain lately that our yard finally turned green again. I wasn't sure it would ever be anything but dirt after this summer. But just a few weeks of good, hearty rain and we're among the rest of the universe that has to mow their lawn (up until this week, we'd only had to mow one time this year).

Julian and Ian set out to make a meatball car, which apparently delivers meatballs. I imagine this is in conjunction with Julian's desire to be a meatball man for Halloween.



We've had the best weekend. Two great days together, enjoying the weather and each other. And more ramen than I've eaten in a long, long time.






Speaking of what used to be our backyard of dirt, I just found this video I think I forgot to post. It's of one of the first rains we got after this crazy dry summer, and you can see what a mess our yard was.

No comments: