Thursday, March 27, 2008

Orange I happy?



I guess the phrase "when it rains it pours" can apply to both good and bad events in life. The Knox-Broyles house happens to be in a harvest time right now, and don't doubt for a minute we're not thanking the universe with every grain of our beings...

I'm going to be the new food writer at the Statesman!
All this WNTW stuff really allowed me to flex my media and writing muscles, and so when the opportunity arose to apply for this position, which is most definitely what I could consider a dream job, I couldn't help but take it. Not only am I thrilled to be writing about food, I'm on cloud nine to be thinking about generating content rather than editing it. I feel like I have so many ideas and so many ways of telling stories that are just bottled up inside me right now. This blog has been the only outlet for some of it. Of course, I'm a little nervous about all the changes this job will entail (goodbye, long, lazy days with Julian and Ian; farewell, the pleasure of leaving work behind when I leave the building), but I can't wait to resume what I fell in love with so long ago: using words and images to tell people's stories.

I don't start officially until the end of April, but I imagine there will be lots of planning and preparing that will be done in the meantime. I can't tell you how exciting this is for me, Ian and Julian. We're in the midst of a lot of change right now, but everyone is handling it tremendously. And there's no way I could take on this job without Ian's support.

:) I feel like the luckiest girl in the world...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With a grateful heart, we all feel the wonderful rain!

Rawley said...

Great news Addie, keep flexing away!

Anonymous said...

addie addie addie.... this is too incredible, is it april fools already?

Earth Mama Sarah said...

Sounds pretty lucky to me! But, you know, not the 'I'm surprised you're so lucky' kinda lucky, 'cause you deserve every opportunity and happiness that comes your way, girl! Thanks for being awesome, and we are lucky to call you our friend!