Monday, May 12, 2008

Joyous days

I started my new job as food writer today! It feels so good to finally be starting, and I'm so enthusiastic about what's on the go already. The food blog will be launching soon; I'll let you know when it does.

Yesterday marked Mother's Day and the two week notice until the wedding. Holy cow. Everything seems to happen at once, eh? We celebrated the dia de la madre at Freddie's over some drinks and the most delicious onion rings on the planet. Julian got to play on the playset they have there, and as you can see by the video, listen to some cool music and meet some new people. I took some spiffy video with my new camera and I tried out a new video editing program to put it together.




Julian has been so sweet lately. Giving hugs and kisses and wanting to snuggle in the most adorable ways. We went on a glorious hike the other day on the Greenbelt and were surprised with water flowing at Twin Falls. We found a shady tide-pool-esque spot to sit and explore the rocks and fresh water while Shiva romped in the creek. Proof enough to me that a super special Mother's Day isn't limited to one day a year.

I read an especially wonderful Mother's Day blog post today. It's from Noble Pig, a food blog I read. She's a mom to two boys and watching them grow through those pictures and her words is really touching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.naturallycurly.com/home/what-not-to-wear-straight-hair